One of the most underused gardening items is burlap. Here is a list of uses for this cloth:
- Use burlap to help control erosion on steep slopes.
- Cover plants with it to provide a few degrees of frost protection.
- Burlap is the perfect material for wrapping evergreens prone to damage from the weight of heavy snow.
- Use it to move heavy objects.
- When filled with compost and tied at the top, a small square of burlap serves as an excellent soaker bag for brewing compost tea.
- Small pieces of burlap can be used to cover the drainage holes of pots before adding soil mix.
- Because they’re porous, burlap bags are great for storing onions and potatoes.